Who are we
There are 2B adults worldwide that don’t have a bank account. 2B. That’s ~40% of the world’s adult population. 350M of these live in Sub Saharan Africa. They are hardworking, young, connected adults that are invisible to the traditional banking system. Fido is changing that. We are building a borderless digital bank so that everyone can access financial products like credit, savings, and payments that make lives easier and better.
Are you tired of building boring enterprise software? Want to be an early employee in a unique consumer brand? Want to do work that has an impact on society? Join us. We build consumer products that are powered by a magical cocktail of real time mission critical ML models, behavioral psychology and financial engineering. We promote meritocracy, decide fast and commit, and worship data. Come join us as one of our early team members.
Join our mission to make financial services accessible and improve the lives of millions of people in Africa and emerging markets.
What you will do
- Project management and lead the development of a relationship of the largest bank in South Africa
- Establish and manage long-term business relationships with strategic partners
- Work closely with Product to expand Fido’s product offering
- Perform business research to identify suitable tools and partners
- Identify opportunities across Fido’s geographies
- Proactively work with various departments within Fido, including Risk, Strategic Partnerships, B2B, Legal, Product, Marketing and Operations.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience with a business consulting/ investment banking or group innovation at one of the top 5 South African banks
- Experience as a partnerships manager in the fintech space
- You have a “can do” approach and you are data driven
- You love to dive deep and create processes that produce results in the long-run
- You are used to navigate internally between different departments, work with a variety of people and connect them towards achieving a common goal
- You’re able to see the big picture while diving deep into the product, marketing, and key relationships.
- You’re passionate about getting things done and experienced with leading cross departments and projects in the organization
- You have excellent communication skills.