Who are we
There are 2B adults worldwide that don’t have a bank account. 2B. That’s ~40% of the world’s adult population. 350M of these live in Sub Saharan Africa. They are hardworking, young, connected adults that are invisible to the traditional banking system. Fido is changing that. We are building a borderless digital bank so that everyone can access financial products like credit, savings, and payments that make lives easier and better.
Are you tired of building boring enterprise software? Want to be an early employee in a unique consumer brand? Want to do work that has an impact on society? Join us. We build consumer products that are powered by a magical cocktail of real time mission critical ML models, behavioral psychology and financial engineering. We promote meritocracy, decide fast and commit, and worship data. Come join us as one of our early team members.
Join our mission to make financial services accessible and improve the lives of millions of people in Africa and emerging markets.
What you will do
- Build a zero to one B2C financial mobile app that’s going to be used and affect millions of lives in emerging markets
- Research and understand the customers needs and expectations while constantly analyzing the product usage
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of mobile and backend developers and UX/UI designers
- Work with business stakeholders across the organization to bring the app to the customers and achieve market dominance
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience as a mobile app product manager
- Strong understanding of mobile UX
- Analytical skills and ability to design and analyze product hypotheses
- Experience leading small multidisciplinary agile teams
- A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful product & business problems
- Experience driving complex, cross-functional product initiatives in a successful way
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and logical structuring abilities
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fintech experience - Advantage
- B2C experience - Advantage